Dynamic Sorption Breakthrough Analyzer
The dynaSorb BT series provides unique capabilities to investigate arbitrarily complex dynamic sorption processes in a uniquely safe and easy-to-use bench-top instrument. Technical adsorbents can be investigated under authentic process conditions in a broad temperature and pressure range with adjustable gas flow rates and well-defined gas compositions.
Read more about the adsorber.
Real-time control and programmable operation of all system functions via the user-friendly dynaWin software
Download an example of a mixture isotherm of CO2 in N2 on activated carbon..
Read the paper published in Adsorption (Journal of the International Adsorption Society) by Quantachrome Germany's Andreas Möller: Dynamic and equilibrium-based investigations of CO2-removal from CH4-rich gas mixtures on microporous adsorbents
- Determination of breakthrough curves
- Investigation of kinetic performance of adsorbents
- Investigation of co-adsorption and displacement phenomena
- Determination of sorption selectivity
- Reasonable downscaling of technical separation processes
- Dynamic adsorption and desorption experiments
- Determination of single- and multi-component adsorption data
- Investigation of heat profiles along the adsorber bed
- Large Flow Range - Investigation of mixture equilibrium and kinetics, downscaling of technical processes.
- Tempered Inlet Gas and Adsorber - For uncompromised temperature control during the measurement.
- Built-in Sample Preparation Up to 400°C - Investigation of hydrophilic materials (i.e. Zeolites and silica gels).
- Linear Heating Rates Up to 10 K/min - Slow and controlled heating of sensitive materials.
- Automated Gas Mixing - No need of multiple pre-mixing gas tanks, increasing of flexibility of measurement conditions.
- Automated Counter Current Operation - Downscaling technical PSA-processes.
- PC Control and Data Acquisitions - Completely programmable for operator-free analysis.
- Four Temperature Sensors In Column - Monitoring of heating profiles during adsorption and desorption processes.
- Differential Pressure Sensor - Observation of pressure drop in the column.
- Built-in Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD) - Automated time-resolved measurement of outlet gas composition.
- Bypass Connection - Measurement of inlet gas composition before analysis.
Discover more on the Dynamic Sorption website which collects and summarizes the features, advantages, examples and knowledge of dynamic sorption (or flow sorption) methods.
|Number of mass flow controllers*
||2 standard, 3 or 4 optional
|Max. pressure [bar]
|Temperature range heating mantle
||ambient to 400 °C
|Temperature range circulator bath
||-20 °C to 90 °C
||Height 80 cm
Width 95 cm
Depth 60 cm
*Mass flow controllers are available in different ranges (0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 L/min)
for optimal instrument configuration with respect to customer’s needs.
For more information contact us.
View more of our BET surface area & gas adsorption.analyzers.