Dynamic Sorption Breakthrough Analyzer
The dynaSorb BT series provides unique capabilities to investigate arbitrarily complex dynamic sorption processes in a uniquely safe and easy-to-use bench-top instrument. Technical adsorbents can be investigated under authentic process conditions in a broad temperature and pressure range with adjustable gas flow rates and well-defined gas compositions.
Read more about the adsorber.
Real-time control and programmable operation of all system functions via the user-friendly dynaWin software
Download an example of a mixture isotherm of CO2 in N2 on activated carbon..
Read the paper published in Adsorption (Journal of the International Adsorption Society) by Quantachrome Germany's Andreas Möller: Dynamic and equilibrium-based investigations of CO2-removal from CH4-rich gas mixtures on microporous adsorbents
- Determination of breakthrough curves
- Investigation of kinetic performance of adsorbents
- Investigation of co-adsorption and displacement phenomena
- Determination of sorption selectivity
- Reasonable downscaling of technical separation processes
- Dynamic adsorption and desorption experiments
- Determination of single- and multi-component adsorption data
- Investigation of heat profiles along the adsorber bed
- Large Flow Range - Investigation of mixture equilibrium and kinetics, downscaling of technical processes.
- Tempered Inlet Gas and Adsorber - For uncompromised temperature control during the measurement.
- Built-in Sample Preparation Up to 400°C - Investigation of hydrophilic materials (i.e. Zeolites and silica gels).
- Linear Heating Rates Up to 10 K/min - Slow and controlled heating of sensitive materials.
- Automated Gas Mixing - No need of multiple pre-mixing gas tanks, increasing of flexibility of measurement conditions.
- Automated Counter Current Operation - Downscaling technical PSA-processes.
- PC Control and Data Acquisitions - Completely programmable for operator-free analysis.
- Four Temperature Sensors In Column - Monitoring of heating profiles during adsorption and desorption processes.
- Differential Pressure Sensor - Observation of pressure drop in the column.
- Built-in Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD) - Automated time-resolved measurement of outlet gas composition.
- Bypass Connection - Measurement of inlet gas composition before analysis.
|Number of mass flow controllers*
||2 standard, 3 or 4 optional
|Max. pressure [bar]
|Temperature range heating mantle
||ambient to 400 °C
|Temperature range circulator bath
||-20 °C to 90 °C
||Height 80 cm
Width 95 cm
Depth 60 cm
*Mass flow controllers are available in different ranges (0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 L/min)
for optimal instrument configuration with respect to customer’s needs.
For more information contact us.
View more of our BET surface area & gas adsorption.analyzers.